Thursday, January 14, 2010

Movies Movies Movies!

2 reviews today plus some ideas and thoughts about Haiti.

First up is.....UP.








Now I know you may think I'd hate this but I honestly and surprisingly didn't.  There's alot of adult themes in the beginning but the voice casting for the old man was spot on.  Plot is decently developed and the animation was good.  It's not up in my eyes to toy story or wall-e or monsters inc but it was good.

*** out of 5.








Next is District 9

I had some apprehension about this movie fearing a lot of political analogies which there were, but it was well done and didn't beat you over the head with it.  The special effects are great and the plot was believable.  A lot of room for a sequel too but I'm not sure if it needs it.  I'd say *** 1/2 out of 5.  I doubt I'll buy this...but with blu ray who knows.


A quick note on haiti.  Its really fucked up.  Usually when these things happen in other counties I feel bad and then move on but this is really really bad.  Should anyone at all actually be reading this you ought to donate something if you can.  Money, blood, supplies, whatever. 

Okay back to normal self mode.  Netflix is sending me Halloween 2 remake, and the last final destination movie.  I'm hoping they have 3d glasses or else it'll be migraine city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment