Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Manning vs Katrina

Well a week later here I am with a still injured ankle and a Superbowl to look forward to.  The Pro Bowl is this Sunday you say?  I'd rather not watch a sub-all star show.  David Garrard is an all pro.  Seriously?  I think I'll pass.

So now we have the Colts and the Saints.  I went 2 for 2 in my predictions but the scores were almost flip flopped.  That means I'm a kickass reverse psychic.  This game should feature some great offense but when it comes down to it, Manning will make the Saints defense look like their 20-something NFL rank.  I may revise this depending on events and injuries and all that but right now I like the Colts +10.

Caught a couple movies in the past few days and both starred Tommy Lee Jones who I can watch in damn near anything.  He made Batman Forever a decent movie for me and that's saying something.

First was "In the Electric Mist"..he plays a Louisiana Cop trying to solve a few murder mysteries.  John Goodman has a side role as an old friend who's kinda shady and the mom from Stepbrothers is in it too.  Pretty good movie that takes you until the last 15 -20 mins to figure out how it all fits together.  Not Citizen Kane but its not a waste of 2 hours either.  *** out of 5.

The second movie was "Cobb" in a dramatization of an (auto)biography Ty Cobb did in the late 50s.  Very entertaining movie if you like baseball and if you like Ty Cobb which I do.  Robert Wuhl...he was Arliss on HBO a few years ago is the writer he hires.  I really enjoyed this movie enough that should I find it for the right price I may buy it.  **** out of 5. 

Couple of thoughts I saw from headlines:

1)  Oliver Stone is making a Hitler movie or something.  $10 puts him on the grassy knoll.

2)  A guy robbed a store with a needle claiming he has AIDS.  That's one way to make a point. 

3)  Congress' trips to Copenhagen to fail miserably at the global warming summit and cause eath's wrath on Haiti according to Danny Glover cost over a million dollars.  Good news is that's less than Pelosi's botox.


Finally I introduce you to my new ring tone

No comments:

Post a Comment