Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Good with the Bad

Good:
1)   New COD maps drop today!!!











2)   Lakers Celtics begin tonight.  I know it says 2008 over there, fuck it I'm not going to put that much effort into finding this year's banner but this is the one match up I'll actually actively watch.  I'm glad my prediction of Orlando-LA didn't work.  For the record, I'm thinking honestly Lakers in 6.

3)  This may be my new pool if the house checks out. 








Bad:

 

First, that center field catch was made by a guy who SHOULD have been the Yankees center fielder for the next decade.  Now bad calls happen and the ump has apologized and he feels horrible but there is a simply solution for this.  First, Bud Selig needs to use his 'for the good of the game' powers and get off his ass and reverse the call which the ump admits he was wrong on, and give the kid the perfect game. 

Second, they need to expand the replay in baseball and don't give me this bullshit of "it'll make the games last longer."  You let these fuckers step out of the box 5 times an at-bat and take forever doing everything else.  Your games last 3 1/2 hours to begin with, an extra couple minutes here or there (done during the commercial breaks, and all these games are on TV these days) could make this situation never happen again.

Short Movie Reviews

Sherlock Holmes was entertaining, some decent action, nice comedic moments, good acting, very good plot.  I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'd watch it again.  **** 1/2 out of 5.  I don't know what's keeping it from 5*s....maybe the fact I'm hesitant to buy.















Daybreakers is the best vampire movie I have seen since Blade.  Believable storyline, some good acting, great action, good amount of gore and such.  Sam Neill for me makes the movie as the evil vampire CEO.  With the contacts everyone wore (or CGI) his eyes just set it off.  This is a movie that I will probably buy some day and I'd recommend it to any horror or genre fan.  **** 3/4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment