Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Big Big Week

First and foremost 6/19 made a half dozen years of marriage for the wife and me.  I don't know where I'd be without her but I think the next year is going to be the most exciting and busy time of my life.  I need to get better time management and patience skills all over the board but for the first time in a long time I'm quietly and cautiously optimistic about the future.

Second was the arrival of Brooklyn.


The daughter of my best friend brother from another mother, and a long time in coming.  I couldn't be happier for Nick and Darci.  They're truly a great couple and I know they're going to be fantastic parents.  Looks like we'll need a new headquarters for shenanigans after 9:30 pm  :D







Third is I'm on my next to last to last to last to last to last day of 2 weeks of vacation.  I'm missing my co workers and the office though.  I guess you don't know how much you like your job until you're away and the idea of going back is not completely horrible, lol.  I still have almost a week left though so I think spending some time with the before mentioned wife and chilling out and grilling out will be on the docket.


Quick Movie Review:

I love most Scorsese movies, and this one is no different.  The casting was good, the plot, though predictable in places was good and the atmosphere of the movie was believable.  I may not totally hate DiCaprio after this which is a big step forward.  I don't know if I'd buy this, but I'd probably watch it again on HBO. 
**** out of *****







I started the blog as a sports/politics thing and now it seems to be more a sports-entertainment-bullshit about me-sports blog.  I think I need to get more political but I want to do it the right way.  Maybe next installment I'll have something work talking about in detail.

1 comment:

  1. Like!!!!! Good stuff and thanks for the kind words, brother!

    ReplyDelete