Monday, July 19, 2010

Its been awhile and a TON has happened so let's get to it

I have neglected this for about a week and a half so there's many topics to hit on and we're going to do this lightening round fashion.


AFC SOUTH PREDICTIONS


Colts (11-5)--Until they jump the shark and Manning is still Manning they're the tops of the division but they need to get younger within the next 2-3 years or else.

Texans (9-7)  They'll make the wild card this year I think but they're not overtaking the Colts unless they have severe injuries to key guys (ie, Manning).  A young team, when Peyton's gone this may be their division.

Titans (9-7)  If Vince Young can keep his head on straight and Chris Johnson keeps getting better they could give the Texans a run for their money for heir apparent or maybe even the wildcard but most of this depends on their defense.

Jaguars (4-12)  I don't have much hope for his team and I think within 5 years they'll be in LA but they have a chance to prove me wrong if Jones-Drew has a superb year, enough to carry them on his shoulders.  I don't think he can do it, and if he's hurt in the process, this could quickly get to be a 2-14 year.  Del Rio's been a good coach for them over the years but he'll be moving on to greener pastures..maybe Carolina if Fox leaves and Cowher says no.

MOVIE REVIEWS

2012----Great special effects, a decently believable disaster premise, not so bad acting, and did I mention the special effects? A little cliche at the end but its worth 2 hours and if I can find a blu ray version on the cheap end, it'll end up in the collection.  **** out of *****

Untraceable---Very good crime/suspense/thriller.  Reminded me of a cross between Seven and Saw.  Good casting and plot.  I doubt I'll buy it, but I'd watch it again.  **** out of *****


BP CAPS OIL WELL, OBAMA CELEBRATES AGAIN...AND AGAIN

So we finally have a cap on the well and life will go back to normal and the media and the administration will go back to their vacations, and dinners, and events.  I hope the people along the gulf remember come November 2010 and 2012 that they were a part of the largest presidential "I'm mad and this is my angry face" photo op" in history.


CELEBRITIES IN TROUBLE

Mel Gibson is in trouble for yelling at..or beating up...or something his girlfriend and baby mama.  New reports are he'll be moving to Austrailia to get back with his wife and 7 kids.  He's getting too old for this shit.  Oh wait, that was Danny Glover's line.

Lindsay Lohan is going to the Y...if you know what I mean.  The coked up scarlet will spend 90 days (before she's released 88 days early) in County jail for probation violations where I'm sure she'll be the walking fantasy of every crew cut butch in flannel prison jumpsuits.  My worry?  That if they do get their hands, etc on her, her recidivism rate will go through the roof.

And finally

LEBRON CHOOSES MIAMI

Actually I'm in a Dr. Strangelove mood so we'll change that title.

LEBRON CHOOSES MIAMI  

or


HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB   FUCK YOU CLEVELAND!!

I prefer the second title.  Yes, Lebron James, the chosen on, the home town boy, the apple of Ohio's eye took a look around, saw he wasn't under contract and didn't have to play in that shit hole called Cleveland and bolted like Katie Holmes if the power went out at Tom Cruise's mansion and the explosive collar which keeps her inside deactivated long enough for her to slip out of it and run for freedom.  Okay maybe that's a little over the top but the facts are there are now a new Big-3, and unlike Boston's trio, they're not collecting Medicare.  Add Amare to the Knicks and Boozer to the Bulls and what do you have?  The Lakers in the finals every single year.  This could bring me back to the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment