Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finally...the Rock...has come back.....

Its been a pretty long time since I wrote on here but I actually have an honest to God good reason.


This is the new greatest thing in the world, my baby girl.  

But the world, and hopefully someday my sleep, will go on.  

The wife and I have had time over the course of the last few weeks here and there to enjoy some flicks so here are the short-short reviews.




**** out of *****   
Pretty funny, good action, good plot, great cast.  Hope the sequel works out as well.


**** 1/2 out of *****

The only reason this isn't 5 stars is because I lacked the patience to watch it like a hawk and I think I missed something which probably would have given it a perfect score.  If you watch this movie, which you should, you need to pay attention. No texting, no facebook just sit there and watch the screen and if you do that you'll discover a great detective/mystery story which holds up almost 40 years after it was made.  


Impeachment.

Yup, that's a dirty word in Washington, often used in bluster, but recently it has come to light again and for good reason.


Now people can argue about the law, people can feel its unfair or whatever, but it IS the law.  It has been upheld by more than a few courts.  The fact is is this not some Clinton perjury, this is directly saying he will not follow the Constitution.

Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening CongressHe shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.


The bold part is the key.  The President's job, as we all learned in grade school is to uphold the law.  Congress makes it, the Supreme Court when needed gives it a thumbs up for Constitutionality, and the President makes sure people follow it.  The President is not allowed to decide which laws hes likes and which he doesn't like and thus which ones he will enforce.

Failing to uphold the Constitution and his oath of office....actually announcing intent to do that is an impeachable offense.  I don't know how far they'll take it, but there is a duty to look into this.  The Reps have the responsibility not to make a circus of this but the Dems have the responsibility to reject the kneejerk circling of the wagons and put the Constitution above their Party if indeed he did break the law.


So I'm now 4 days away from my return to work and I miss my coworkers and my job but I can tell it's going to be very difficult for me to be away from the wife and kid for 8 hours a day. She's spoiling me more than I could have predicted, even when she keeps me up at night.  Last night a friend told me to enjoy these early days and years because before you know it, they're grown up.  I'm beginning to understand that with every day that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment