Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Day-After Alcoholism Day!




So yesterday was St Patrick's Day and thankfully the wife's club fundraiser seems to have gone pretty well.  Today is not only Happy Day-After Alcoholism Day.....

IT'S MARCH MADNESS BABY!

I wont' list my entire bracket but needless to say I'm hoping for a Syracuse win over Kentucky in the finals which I think has a decent chance of happening.  The next four days will be wonderful, as the first 2 rounds of the tournament always are.  Hanging with friends, having inlaws come in to help us look at a house, then more basketball.  I am going to love this weekend.

Speaking of weekends, it hadn't even dawned on me that we are 5 weeks from one of the best day(s) of the year....


Since the first round is on a Thursday I think what I may do is a live blog of sorts where I'll devote an entire post to a pick by pick analysis.

Well it's been awhile but its time for more movie reviews.  First up....



It was okay.  The story was cute and it had its moments but I couldn't help comparing it to his earlier movies.  Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, Billy Madison,...these were immature and hilarious.  Right up my alley.  Lately he's making these kid movies which flirt with my kind of humor but don't have the balls to actually do it.  Nice to see the girl from Felicity can still find work.

*** out of *****

Luckily that was not the best of the night.. 

I'm just going to give the rating up front.  ***** out of *****.  I can't find anything wrong with this movie.  Suspense, surprises, a good plot twist, violence, explosions...and come to think of it, I don't think any nudity which surprises me now that I think about it.  I normally don't like Jamie Foxx since he's a poor man's Denzel but Gerrard Butler is slowly becoming like this new Russell Crowe 'I could really kill you if I wanted to' type of tough guy and played his part really well.  At some point I think this will find its way to the collection.

Now to enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment