Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I really really like you man

So last night the wife and I finally got around to watching I love you man.  I thought it was very funny, well cast, and had just enough of a cliche love story to keep my wife interested.  Unfortunately this falls into the category of really really liking it but not loving it so I'll give it the same rating here that I will on netflix... ****.  Nice movie, probably will watch it again on HBO or something but I won't buy it.  I learned my lesson on that one with wedding crashers...which is still collecting dust on my dvd rack.  Next up:  Paranormal Activity.

As the new year comes closer I have decided rather than have bullshit resolutions, I am going to do my best to have long lasting life decisions.  Part of that 'hey I'm 30, I need to get my shit together' kind of thing. 

1)  I want to have fun.  For as long as I can remember, since late high school I've always been the 'adult'.  I'm made myself the chaperone for everyone else who was going to be responsible and the bodyguard when others want to let their guards down and have fun.  I think I wanna have some fun now too.

2)  I need some discipline.  I'm overweight, I'm out of shape, I'm internet addicted, etc etc etc.  I need to get myself together and it begins with having the ability to shut my down and close down the laptop/iphone/etc.

Now #1 is a hell of a lot easier to do than #2 which is true in most things, lol.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment