Friday, June 24, 2011

The dog days of summer

It's just getting harder and harder to remember to post on this damn blog but because of my faithful audience I am back again to entertain you.

The NFL lockout continues going into nearly its 4th month if I'm counting correctly which I rarely do.  Billionaires vs Multi Millionaires.  Its kind of like your two most annoying neighbors arguing about who has the nicer garden gnomes.  It was interesting at first but now you just want both of them to shut the fuck up and get back working on their yards.

Speaking of yards I am the proud owner of this monstrosity.



Good Times...right Jimmy?


So the Miami Heat looked fucking horrendous against the Dallas Mavericks.  Now don't get me wrong I wanted them to win and they will likely be a team I'll root for next year but I took more shots in the 4th quarter than Lebron did.  If you want to be the big boy you need to take over games. MJ did it.  Kobe did it.  

Gonna be 33 soon.  Its not a huge change from 32 I know but I cant help but feel very bleak about this aging thing.  

In politics the more I see our possible GOP field the more I want Chris Christie to run.  Everytime he comes up against an obstacle he tends to bulldoze them with his political capital and his straight talk  I love that.  I wanted Newt and for as long as he's in I'll probably back him but at this point the only people who haven't left his campaign to work elsewhere is his gardner and his cable repairman.  Not looking too swift for him.  

Haven't watched any good movies lately other than Kings Speech.  The Fighter's been sitting on my player for almost 2 months so I expect to watch it this weekend and it should be good.  

Though today this is my favorite movie.  



Every day that she grins when she sees me in the morning is worth it. Maybe this aging thing isn't so bad afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment